Austrian Airlines will offer 110 destinations and more than 1,300 flights per week by the summer season of 2022, continuing the recovery of its operations to pre-pandemic levels.
«We are constantly expanding our offer with new long-haul destinations. This meets the demand from our passengers who already showed that they want to travel last summer. Our new winter destination Cancun has confirmed this desire to travel,” said Michael Trestl, Austrian Airlines Chief Commercial Officer.
Back to Hollywood
From May 20, Austrian will resume its seasonal service between Vienna (VIE) and Los Angeles (LAX) with five weekly flights operating on Boeing 777-200ERs. Ete will be the airline’s sole destination on the US West Coast, last operating it in 2019.
Flight schedule between Vienna and Los Angeles
- Vienna – Los Angeles Flight OS081 VIE 09:55 – LAX 13:25 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Los Angeles – Vienna Flight OS082 LAX 15:15 – VIE 11:50+1 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
– Advertisement –
This spring, Austrian will offer 33 weekly flights to the United States at five destinations, representing a recovery of almost 90% compared to the frequencies offered in 2019. The schedule is as follows:
- New York (JFK) daily flights on Boeing 767-300ERs.
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD) daily flights on Boeing 777-200ER.
- Washington Dulles (IAD) daily flights on Boeing 767-300ER.
- Newark (EWR) daily flights on Boeing 777-200ER.
More destinations to Spain
Austrian offers a wide range of holiday destinations in Spain during the northern summer season, including:
- Palma de Mallorca (PMI) three daily flights.
- Barcelona (BCN) has two daily flights.
- Ibiza (IBZ) five weekly flights.
- Malaga (AGP) four weekly flights.
- Gran Canaria (LPA) two weekly flights.
- Tenerife – South (TFS) two weekly flights.
- Menorca (MAH) one weekly flight
- Valencia (VLC) (NEW DESTINATION) from June 4, with two weekly frequencies on Tuesdays and Thursdays, reservations will be available from February 1.
Figures obtained by Aviacionline through Aena Estadísticas indicate that in 2021 the Austrian airline served 144,554 passengers in Spain and performed 1,314 air operations, representing an increase of 64.6% and 125% respectively compared to the level of 2019.
Mexico, a popular holiday destination
In November 2021, Austria resumed flights to Cancun (CUN) from Vienna (VIE) after leaving the route in 2006. The return of this service comes as a result of the high demand for holiday destinations in the Caribbean, as many of the of Asia is limited.
The airline started with two flights a week on Boeing 777-200ERs, but from January the route will be expanded to three flights a week and ends with the northern winter season.