Vacation in Bavaria: Tragic avalanche disaster! Two men swept away – one dead
The winter mountains are a dangerous place. This is shown by the daily reports of new avalanche victims.
On Saturday, a slab of snow claimed another human life. two men had holidays in the mountains bavaria done, but only one will come back.
Vacation in Bavaria: avalanche costs lives again
The two men, aged 61 and 41, were hiking in the Berchtesgaden Alps. They were on their way to the 2500 meter high Steintalhörndl. An avalanche broke out just before the summit.
Provide first aid – you can do that!
- In the event of an accident, secure the scene of the accident and dial the emergency number 112 or 110
- monitor the casualty’s vital functions
- Just in case: start resuscitation / stop bleeding
- stable lateral position
- Warm the person with a rescue blanket. Also pay attention to heat from below
- Mental health care: talk to the affected person, stroke their head. Even the unconscious feel this care.
The 400 meter wide slab of snow slides almost 900 meters down the slope. It tore the climbers with it. These didn’t stand a chance
The mountain rescue service was able to find the two men, but it was too late. The 61-year-old was only found dead. The 41-year-old man was flown to the hospital with serious injuries.
Vacation in Tyrol: Heavy avalanche accident – already eight skiers dead
Vacation in Austria: man from North Rhine-Westphalia collapses while hiking in the mountains – shortly afterwards he is dead
Holiday in the German mountains ends tragically – 23-year-old hiker found dead in river
There is an extreme risk of avalanches in Bertesgadener Land and in many parts of the Alps. Warning level three out of five was reached on Saturday. (ts)