Hey, Orlando! Here’s everything you need to know to get this Tuesday started off right.
First, today’s weather:
Period of rain. High: 58 Low: 48.
Are you a financial advisor? Attract clients in Orlando based on your expertise and local connection through our high-impact native ads. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top five stories today in Orlando:
1. Activists pushing for peace took to the streets of downtown Orlando on Sunday, making their voices heard. †Stop Putin Stop War” read the banners hero high by Ukrainian immigrants. Orlando resident Yuliia Konstantinova was one of the people there to protest for peace at the Orange County courthouse† (Spectrum News 13)
2. Fuddruckers abruptly closed it two Central Florida locations on Monday. The company announced the closures in a Facebook post with the headline “all our Orlando’s (sic) restaurants have closed.” (Click Orlando)
3. Orlando based 4 Rivers Smokehouseit has launched a new †Inflation Menu” to provide dishes that are more affordable and accessible in light of rcent price increases during the pandemic† New dishes include the Barbacoa Bowls and “Buffalo Mac Attack.” (Bungalower)
4. Orlando officials say four vehicles were involved and a construction worker was killed in the area of Narcoossee Road and Tyson Road† Authorities say a driver failed to drive within the traffic shift and struck two vehicles and two pedestrians before jumping from the vehicle and fleeing into a marsh† (WESH)
5. Orlando police have identified 47-year-old Hassen Ititlo George as the man killed in a nightclub shooting† There are no suspects in custody at this time. An investigation is underway. (WFTV)
Today in Orlando:
- tai chi at 1st Unitarian Church of Orlando. (9:00 AM)
- Nursing Career Fair 2022 at University of Central Florida. (9:00 AM)
- Herb Plant Propagation at UF IFAS Extension Orange County. (10:00 AM)
- SBA: Unlocking the Tools to Mentorship, Credit and Access to Capitall. Virtual. (1:00 PM)
- Water Polo vs. boone at Colonial High School. (5:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Former Kissimmee Mayor Jose Alvarez has been named as a US Department of Housing and Urban Development regional administrator by President Joe Biden’s administration. (Osceola News Gazette)
- City of Kissimmee is looking for seasonal employees at its summer camp and aquatic center. †Twitter†
- there was social media chatter on Monday about evacuations at Magic Kingdom’s “Space Mountain” and the “People Mover” attractions† †Twitter†
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Orlando Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Tuesday. I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update!
† Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the food blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.