Happy Wednesday, neighbors! Here’s everything you need to know going on today.
First, today’s weather:
Warmer. High: 64 Low: 44.
One of the easiest ways to connect with local customers and stay top-of-mind in town is to sponsor the Tampa Daily. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top stories in Tampa today:
1. Tampa Water Works celebrate it 40th Lunar New Year celebration at Tampa Water Works Park on Sunday† 2022 is the Year of the tiger† Hundreds of people watch cultural dance performances, ate Asian cuisine, and learned about the history of calligraphy† (Bay News 9)
2. A new concept called FLocale will bring together King of the Coop, Westshore Pizza, and Rock Bros. under one roof at 5910 North Florida Avenue† It’s the Refinery or Fodder & Shine space in Seminole Heights. (That’s So Tampa)
3. Tampa based roaster Now and Then is hosting it first coffee pop up in Seminole Heights with its mobile cart this weekend inside Jug & Bottle Dept. on February 12th at 10 am† They are a multi roaster and provide coffee from around the world with information for customers. (Creative Loafing Tampa)
4. retired NFL star and Tampa Bay Buccaneer Tom Brady went on a podcast to discuss his future. He didn’t completely rule out a return to football saying, “you never say never and at the same time, I know I feel very good about my decision. I don’t know how I’ll feel six months from now. It could change, it most likely won’t.” (Tampa Patch)
5. 4 Rivers Smokehouse is opening a new location in Lakeland at The Shoppes at Lake Miriam Crossing located at 4747 South Florida Avenue† The restaurant will be able to host up to 87 guests and offer curbside, delivery, and catering as well. (Creative Loafing Tampa)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Tampa Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at GoodRx — the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for medications at local pharmacies, so you’re not overpaying. Works for pet medications too! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
Today in Tampa:
- Tampa Bay Career Super Bowl Job Fair – Hiring Hundreds! At Raymond James Stadium. (10:00 AM)
- Baby Time At Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative. (10:15 AM)
- Women’s Tennis. Hillsborough CC vs. Tampa. University of Tampa Athletics. (3:00PM)
- Heights Night Market At Armature Works. (5:30 PM)
- Virtual Presentation Set On Hanna Avenue Transportation Study† (6:30 PM)
From my notebook:
- Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed Pat Maroon to a two-year contract extension worth an AAV of $1 million. (Facebook)
- Mayor Jane Castor has selected Mary O’Connor as the Tampa Police Department’s new Chief of Police† (Facebook)
- pass Member previews at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay start this weekend. Passport to Thrills kicks off the celebration starting February 11th, followed by Platinum Exclusive Previews starting February 13th. (Facebook)
- Bark in the Park is this Saturday at Curtis Hixon Park, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Find more details at BarkInTheParkTampa.com. (Facebook)
- The Florida State Fair return February 10th to February 21st. Take on the largest ride midway in the USA, enjoy endless entertainment, or try out some amazing new fair food like the donut dog. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Tampa Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
That’s it for today! I’ll see you around.
† Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the food blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.