Happy Wednesday, neighbors! Here’s everything you need to know to get this day started off right. Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening today in town.
First, today’s weather:
Warmer. High: 65 Low: 44.
One of the easiest ways to connect with local customers and stay top-of-mind in town is to sponsor the Orlando Daily. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top five stories today in Orlando:
1. red light red light is adding an on-site kitchen to its brewery and will begin adding food to their menu, first reported by Edible Orlando† The restaurant will be led by former East End Market Chef-in-Residence Jes Tantalo† (Bungalower)
2. The Mardi Gras Party on the Street in Leesburg is coming to historic downtown on Saturday, February 12th from 11 am to 9 pm There will be 3 different parades in celebration as well as food, jugglers, fire eaters and stilt walkers. (Click Orlando)
3. Seminole County Commissioners because to tear down the old Orlando Jai-Alai building and build a huge living and entertainment complex† A proposed poker room is causing some concerns in the community. (WFTV)
4. The nominees for Osceola School District’s Teacher of the Year and School-Related Employee of the Year has been narrowed down to the top ten finalists in both categories. The winners will be announced at the school district’s annual Education Awards ceremony on Thursday, March 10th. (Osceola News Gazette)
5. Lake Mary based chicken tender chain Huey Magoo’s plans to open about 30 new restaurants this year including locations in Central Florida† Locations are expected to open at 310 N Orange Ave. in downtown Orlando and on Seidel Road in the Horizon West community† (Subscription: Orlando Sentinel)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Orlando Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at GoodRx — the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for medications at local pharmacies, so you’re not overpaying. Works for pet medications too! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
Today in Orlando:
- Tai Chi in the Garden at Mead Botanical Garden (10:30 AM)
- Boys Varsity Wrestling Dual at Colonial High School. (5:00 PM)
- Rollins College Women’s Basketball at Eckerd College. (5:30 PM)
- City of Orlando’s Black History Month Signature Event at dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. (6:00 PM)
- Boys Soccer Playoffs at Boone High School. (7:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Orlando Police Department 497 internet crimes against investigated children alone in 2021. Detective Jennifer Wing worked on the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force and taught important internet safety tips to a local Girl Scouts troop from St Margaret Mary Catholic School† (Facebook)
- Orlando Science Center is now hiring. Experience Orlando Science Center Summer Camps in a new and exciting way. work with preschool through 9th grade campers in an engaging and fun environment. (Instagram)
- Phase one of the new Orlando Health Digestive Health Institute Center for Advanced Endoscopy, Research and Education opened on Monday. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Orlando Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You’re all caught up for today. I’ll catch up with you bright and early tomorrow morning with your next update!
† Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the food blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.