Singapore Airlines is bringing back its Spontaneous Escapes, a very popular way for KrisFlyer members to redeem their miles at 30% fewer miles before the pandemic.
Singapore Airlines has made a shortlist of cities available for purchase today and will release its entire Spontaneous Escape list tomorrow (March 17).
You can access Singapore Airlines Spontaneous Escapes here.
It is excellent that Singapore Airlines is bringing back its fantastic Spontaneous Escapes that allow you to redeem miles at a 30% discount for a limited time.
I would assume that the first list is likely good because they have teased about these awards for the past few days, building expectations among Krisflyer members.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- The KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes promotion (“Promotion”) is organized by Singapore Airlines Limited (“SIA”). The promotion is open to KrisFlyer members (“Participants”) for the online redemption of Promo Awards in Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class on selected Singapore Airlines operated flights. Please refer to the list of eligible flights above. The promotion is not valid for codeshare flights.
- Eligible bookings can only be made through singaporeair.com. This promotion is not available through the SingaporeAir Mobile App, KrisFlyer Membership Services, SIA Ticket Offices, travel agents, or any other channels.
- To qualify for the promotion, tickets must be issued between 16 March 2022 (0000 hrs, GMT+8) and 31 March 2022 (2359 hrs, GMT+8), both dates inclusive, for travel from 1 April 2022 (0000 hrs, GMT +8) to 31 May 2022 (2359 hrs, GMT+8) for all destinations.
- If (i) any part of the itinerary is confirmed after the Promotion Period; (ii) or falls outside the applicable Travel Period; and/or (iii) contains an ineligible flight, the entire itinerary will not be eligible for the promotion. Please split your bookings for travel within and outside the promotional travel period.
- Any waitlist redemption that is confirmed after 31 March 2022 (2359 hrs, GMT +8) will not be entitled to the discount and will be charged at full mileage levels.
- Any change is strictly not permitted for bookings made under this promotion. Cancellation is also not permitted for partially unused or totally unused tickets.
- For (i) any flights canceled by SIA, or (ii) if a SQ-operated flight was removed from a Participant’s booking due to Covid-19 and governmental regulatory changes, the miles redeemed in the unused portion of the ticket will be refunded into the relevant Participant’s KrisFlyer account with no additional fees charged. However, requests to change any booking details, or to retain the ticket for future use will not be granted. Participants may submit their request via the Assistance Request form.
- This promotion cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- This promotion is applicable to one-way and round-trip travel. No stopovers are allowed for this promotion.
- Taxes and fees are applicable in addition to the required redemption mileage and paid for separately by the passenger in the applicable currency. Taxes and fees are charged separately and payable and are not subject to any discount.
- The Promotion will only apply to tickets purchased entirely with KrisFlyer miles. It does not apply to commercial tickets purchased with part miles, part cash.
- The 30% discount level is only applied on the number of KrisFlyer miles required for an Economy Class Saver, Premium Economy Class Saver and/or Business Class Saver award ticket. The 30% discount will be displayed upon selection of eligible flight(s) under the Promo Awards category during booking on singaporeair.com.
- All redemptions are subject to seat availability at the time of booking.
- All decisions made by SIA, in respect to any matter relating to this Promotion shall be final. SIA reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions, terminate or otherwise amend this Promotion, including any amendments to the eligible destinations, eligible flights, promotional dates and travel dates in this Promotion, without prior notice at its sole and absolute discretion.
- To the extent permitted under applicable law, SIA will not be responsible or liable for any consequences that any Participant may suffer (including without limitation any damage, loss, injury or disappointment) by participating in the Promotion.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.