After two years, LATAM will once again connect Fortaleza (FOR) with Miami (MIA) on July 25 with two flights per week, making the capital of Ceará the fourth Brazilian city with international operations for the company.
The route had not been operated since April 2020 and is another LATAM increase in the city that is the focus of its investments in the Brazilian Northeast. The weekly flight will be operated by Boeing 787-9 aircraft with capacity for 300 passengers (30 in Premium Business, 57 in Economy+ and 213 in Economy).
Schedules and Frequencies
|LA 8188||Fortaleza (FOR)||14:15||Miami (MIA)||20:55||Monday and Wednesday|
|LA 8189||Miami (MIA)||23:00||Fortaleza (FOR)||07:05 (+1)||Monday and Wednesday|
According to the company, this increase is a cooperative effort with the government of the State of Ceará to make air transportation viable in the country. In the second half of 2021 LATAM began operations in Jericoacoara (JJD) and Juazeiro do Norte (JDO).
«LATAM remains attentive to demand growth. In 2021 we already launched two new routes in the state and now we are announcing the restart of international operations. This was only possible thanks to the company’s sustainable recovery planning associated with the state government’s competitive policies,» explains Aline Mafra, LATAM Brazil Sales and Marketing Director.
– Advertisement –
With the return of this route, the company will have 25 weekly flights and 15,965 flights per week to the United States. The other links are from São Paulo/Guarulhos (GRU) to Miami (MIA) with Boeing 777-300ER; to Orlando (MCO) with Boeing 787-8 and New York (JFK) with Boeing 787-9 and Boeing 777.
See also: LATAM Brazil resumes in-flight service on its flights
Flights to the State of Ceará
According to the intelligence platform Cirium, LATAM is the main carrier in Ceará with 42% with the supply of seats with 73,132 seats per week in 382 weekly operations. For the July 2022 high season, the company increased 12.4% of its flights compared to the same period in 2019.
LATAM Brazil will increase the frequency of the following flights:
- Fortaleza (FOR) to Belem (BEL); from 7 to 10 weekly flights on Airbus A320/A321 aircraft.
- Fortaleza (FOR) to Brasilia (BSB); from 11 to 21 weekly flights on Airbus A319/A320/A321 aircraft.
- Fortaleza (FOR) to Sao Paulo/Congonhas (CGH); 17 to 21 weekly flights on Airbus A319/A320/A321 aircraft.
- Fortaleza (FOR) to Sao Paulo/Guarulhos (GRU); from 37 to 47 weekly flights on Airbus A320/A321 aircraft.
- Juazeiro do Norte (JDO) to Sao Paulo/Guarulhos (GRU); from 6 to 7 weekly flights on Airbus A320/A321 aircraft.
In addition, the company will resume routes that were suspended:
- Fortaleza to Manaus (MAO) with 10 weekly flights on Airbus A320/A321.
- Fortaleza to Maceió (MCZ) with 7 weekly flights in A320/A321.
- Fortaleza to Vitoria (VIX) with 7 weekly flights on A320.
In July 2022, the company will also maintain the following routes:
- Fortaleza to Belo Horizonte/Confins (CNF) with 7 weekly flights on Airbus A319/A320.
- Fortaleza to Curitiba (CWB) with 7 weekly flights on A320/A321.
- Fortaleza to Rio de Janeiro/Galeão (GIG) with 7 weekly flights in A320.
- Fortaleza to Natal (NAT) with 7 weekly flights on A320/A321.
- Fortaleza to Recife (REC) with 7 weekly flights on A320/A321.
- Fortaleza to São Luis (SLZ) with 7 weekly flights in A320/A321.
- Fortaleza to Salvador (SSA) with 5 weekly flights in A321.
- Fortaleza to Teresina (THE) with 7 weekly flights on A320.
- Jericoacoara (JJD) to São Paulo/Guarulhos (GRU) with 7 weekly flights on A320.
LATAM’s international market in Brazil
In the international market, in July, LATAM will resume operations in Rome and the flight from São Paulo/Guarulhos to Buenos Aires/Ezeiza.
In addition to these, the company already operates the following flights:
- Sao Paulo/Guarulhos to Frankfurt (FRA) in Germany; Buenos Aires/Aeroparque (AEP) and Mendoza (MDZ) in Argentina; Santiago (SCL) in Chile; Bogota (BOG) in Colombia; Barcelona (BCN) and Madrid (MAD) in Spain; Paris (CDG) in France; Orlando (MCO), Miami (MIA) and New York (JFK) in the United States; Milan (MXP) in Italy; Mexico City (MEX) in Mexico; Asuncion (ASU) in Paraguay; Lima (LIM) in Peru; Lisbon (LIS) in Portugal; London/Heathrow (LHR) in the United Kingdom; and Montevideo (MVD) in Uruguay.
- Porto Alegre (POA) to Lima (LIM) and Santiago (SCL).
- Rio de Janeiro/Galeao (GIG) to Lima (LIM) and Santiago (SCL).